[Update: Good news! Touch Arcade spoke with Apple and the earlier report from Pocket Gamer did not come from official sources. There has been no policy change (thankfully) — apps disappearing seems to just be a bug for now. While developers can remove apps from the purchased list, it is not the default to do so. That’s what is happening and that is the bug that is causing the ruckus.]
Capcom and Telltale have responded to Touch Arcade and let them know that the missing games are coming back to the App Store. They were removed due to bugs with iOS 9. Seems like games companies aren’t putting in the time to test their games with beta versions of the iOS. I mean it was available for three months…
There has been a lot on confusion around the removed games recently. Due to a change in the iTunes store backend it seems as though anything removed from sale from all territories will no longer be available to download if you had previously downloaded it.
If this is a bug or the new policy is still up for debate. Pocket Gamer has a source at Apple that says it’s the way things work now — but there’s no written policy change to be found. If it is the new policy it is a 180 degree reversal of the way things have been working.
We’ll have to see how this shakes out.
Via Touch Arcade
Carter “3 1/2 stars” Dotson took a look at Mos Speedrun 2 over at Touch Arcade and gave it a full 5/5 stars.
Will you love Mos Speedrun 2? If you loved the Mikey games, you owe it to yourself to check this out, especially since the original Mos Speedrun was a fantastic game that heavily inspired that franchise. But this sequel is definitely more for the hardcore player who doesn’t mind repetition and the high level of challenge. This was a game I quit in frustration many, many times.
Via Touch Arcade
The latest update to Marvel Future Fight has added character from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Additional updates include:
– New Characters: The beloved Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. team joins the battle as notable characters such as Phil Coulson, Daisy Johnson (Skye), Lincoln Campbell, Deathlok, Sif, Melinda May, Gordon, Raina, Leo Fitz are introduced
– Expanded Storyline: The Future Fight saga continues with two new Chapters and 16 Stages co-written by the television show creative team with famed comic writer, Peter David
– New Stages and HYDRA’s Arctic Base: Serving as the base for terrorist-military organization, HYDRA, players must employ their best operatives to overtake HYDRA in this arctic environment
– Afterlife – The sanctuary for Inhumans, located in a remote mountain community
– New Uniforms and Special gear: Comic book version uniforms give popular characters special abilities such as Quake, aka Daisy Johnson (Skye), Deathlok and Bobbi Morse, aka Mockingbird and custom gear can now be created for all characters
– New Monsters: Nine new monsters are added to the roster as players must battle it out against Inhumans and their minions
– Introduction of Alliance PvE Battle Mode: A brand new storyline and mode in which players who form teams and earn the highest score will be rewarded with crystals for in-game item purchases
– Increased Level Caps/Upgraded Character Balancing: Hero levels caps have been expanded to level 60, Player account level expanded to level 60, additionally three characters have been upgraded to 6 star skill sets – Captain Marvel, Destroyer and Luke Cage
– Limited-time Comic Book Cover: A brand new exclusive limited-time comic book cover set