Pac-Man 256 was made by Hipster Whale, the Crossy Road folks, but it’s not exactly the game most fans know and love. In fact, it’s a different game altogether, even though it looks similar. From 148Apps’s 3.5 star review:
You’ll spend much of your time with PAC-MAN 256 trying to beat your previous high score an your earlier dot combo, but besides score chasing, there are limited reasons to come back for more. You can’t unlock new characters or areas so the game stays mostly the same no matter what.
While being free, you don’t have to worry about an energy meter with credits only used if you want to activate a power-up, but longevity is going to be the issue for PAC-MAN 256. It’s great fun for a time, but you’ll soon start to wish there was more of an aim to what unfolds here.
Touch Arcade has the rundown on the big games launching tonight on iOS. There’s lots of good-looking stuff across a variety of genres, but not much you might have heard of before. Except Ski Safari 2, which will be excellent if it’s anything like its predecessor. Anyway, click ahead to see what’s coming out at 11 p.m. EST.
- Forest Spirit (by ForceField s.r.o)
- Ski Safari 2 (by Sleepy Z Studios Pty Ltd)
- Fallen (by Teaboy Games)
- Sketch Breaker (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)
- Chaos Chambers (by Appsolute Games LLC)
- Hit Invaders (by Bulkypix)
- Magic River (by Ketchapp)
- Kung Fu Monk – Director’s Cut (by Easy 8 Software)
- Tiny Empire (by Mother Gaia Studio)
- Pocket Platoons (by En Masse Entertainment)
Via Touch Arcade
Ski Safari takes all that was great about the original and it’s 140 million downloads and amps every thing up. More of everything in a game can sometimes be too much, but Ski Safari 2 gets it just right and doesn’t lose the charm of the original.
Continuing on the success of Hitman Go, Square Enix has released Lara Croft Go. This take on the Lara Croft franchise has the player controlling Lara Croft in a turn-based puzzle game.
• Experience lush visuals and a captivating soundtrack
• Navigate using simple swipe-to-move controls
• Fight menacing enemies, overcome dangerous obstacles and escape deadly traps
• Solve more than 75 puzzles split into 5 chapters
• Collect ancient relics and unlock new outfits for Lara