We’ve learned from Aussie developer Firemint that Real Racing’s second update has rolled out to the App Store.
The latest version packs such tune-ups as a new 10-track soundtrack (or the ability to make your own via iTunes, for 3.0 users), a jump from two-player to six-player WiFi multiplayer races, and an additional ‘Exotic’ class of cars to race. Read on for more details!
When we say V12, we’re not talking about fancy vegetable juice.
Here’s Firemint’s complete rundown on the update’s new features:
- New vehicle class: Listen to the distinct roar of a V12 engine and experience unsurpassed speed and control with new exotic vehicles
- Support for up to six players in local WiFi multiplayer (up from two players)
- Select your favorite songs from your personal music library while racing (iPhone and iPod Touch OS 3.0)
- Completely new game soundtrack with 10 original music tracks composed specifically for Real Racing
- Even more content in Career Mode with an exotic vehicle qualifier and two new championships
- New control method: touch-wheel-to-steer, manual accelerate and manual brake
- Increased smoothing of the horizon tilt feature
- Various improvements, bug fixes and OS 3.0 compatibility updates
The update also allows players to adjust the level of AI collisions, patching up one of the very few problems we had with the game originally.
All of these improvements simply make the best racing game on the iPhone–and our Game of the Month for June 2009–even better.