Mike Lee at United Lemur made a big deal about the contest that would be associated with Puzzllotto when he announced the game a couple weeks ago. At the time, he said that the the details of the contest hadn’t been nailed down.
Well, here are the contest details:
- Puzzllotto will appear on the App Store on Wednesday, October 22. The Puzzllotto Prize starts as a trophy, a metaphorical empty cup.
- Each day at noon (Pacific Time), the company will announce via Twitter (twitter.com/unitedlemur) whether the puzzle has been solved.
- If the puzzle has not been solved, the jackpot will increase by $1,000.
- This promotion will run for 31 days, with the maximum jackpot being $30,000.
- If nobody wins the $30,000 jackpot after 24 hours, it will be donated to charity.
This is a one of a kind promotion, and it will be interesting to see if it sets a precedent on the App Store. Will there be future “-lotto” games from other developers?
We’ll have our review of Puzzllotto up within a day or two of it becoming available. Will you have beat the game and won the prize by then?