Javaground, the developer of Wheel Of Fortune for Sony Pictures Television, is self-publishing a new turn-based strategy game: UniWar. We’ve got the exclusive details!
The developer describes UniWar as a hybrid “between Advance Wars and Starcraft.” It’s played on a big board full of hexes, with many different types of units and terrain. The game’s specialty will be online multiplayer, with up to eight players supported per game.
Here’s a partial feature list from the developer:
- 3 races, each with eight varied units.
- 50+ maps to choose from with up to 8 players online.
- Team play allows 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.
- Campain Mode with 21 missions.
- Worldwide Global Ladder.
- Email notifications when it is your turn.
- In-game chat channel and server main chat room.
- Dedicated game ladder.
- Rated or unrated game selection.
- Game settings include fog of war and online bots.
We’ll definitely be checking out this ambitious online wargame when it comes out sometime next week. Until then, take a look at these screenshots.