One Man Left Studios has announced they’re releasing a new app bundle tomorrow. It will include Tilt to Live, Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous, and Tilt to Live: Gauntlet’s Revenge, and will cost about $5 through the end of November. After that it’ll go up to $5.99. (more…)
Apple has announced the Apps go (RED) campaign for World AIDS day. 25 Favorite apps and games have added content and will donate proceeds for two weeks to the cause. Some of the games added to the campaign include Monument Valley (with a whole new level, beyond Forgotten Shores recently released) [App Store], Threes! [App Store], and the original Angry Birds [App Store]
For the full list of apps and games supporting the (RED) campaign, check this special section on the App Store.
It’s been a common thing for a while for big game companies to release a companion app alongside their AAA titles. These come in a variety of flavors, including informational apps that let you check out your loadouts, and mini games that (often tenuously) connect to the main game. (more…)
Sure, you could play some other Game of Thrones game, but it’s probably best to wait for the upcoming adventure game from Telltale, the makers of the excellent The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. That game is supposedly coming soon, but it looks like some screenshots might have leaked their way to the public eye. Check them out below. (more…)
Once again a handful of excellent games are currently free or on sale right now on the App Store. Check out our list of the best of the best, with pricing, review links, and App Store links all in one place. Then hop over to the App Store to fill up your iOS device for a cheap week of nonstop gaming. (more…)
XCOM: Enemy Within is the follow-up to the amazing XCOM: Enemy Unknown and is being released as a standalone game tonight on the App Store. The game for iPhones and iPads will include new features, abilities, gear, etc. Here’s a short list from 2K on some of the new features:
– New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle;
– New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
– New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT;
– New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry;
– New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions;
– New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create custom squads from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches via Google Play and Apple Game Center only.
Take a look at the trailer below from the original console release for a good idea of what the game will look like.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown shocked and surprised us with the faithful port of the original to iOS. We have high hopes for XCOM: Enemy Within!
Monument Valley [App Store] is, without a single doubt, one of the most beautiful games produced on mobile. It’s a M.C. Escher-esque 3D puzzler with gorgeous visuals and sound. The update released today introduces 8 new levels that build on the story and present a whole slew of new puzzle types and mechanics to the game. The new levels have been released as an in-app purchase in the game for $1.99 — or about the cost of a king size candy bar. Take a look at the video below for more on how the new levels were created.
These levels are a bit more deceptive than the original ten levels in the game. While there are only 8 levels in the game, each level is made up of multiple beautifully and thoughtfully designed scenes. A bonus to the update includes sharper visuals for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus.
To me, Monument Valley is the definition of “appointment gaming” — this expansion just makes it more so. Spend some time with it, you won’t be disappointed.