Gin Rummy HD is an online card game. It’s also currently free, down from $2.99. Download it now if you dig card games.
Many thanks for Dungeon Link from Gamevil for sponsoring Slide To Play this week.
Dungeon Link is the latest genre mash-up from Gamevil. It’s a deep story driven RPG mashed up with a Flow-like game mechanic. With over 250 different heroes, special dungeons, raids, and PvP play, there’s plenty here to keep players interested for many many hours.
Dungeon Link from Gamevil sponsored Slide To Play this week.
Critically-acclaimed endless running game Lastronaut received its 1.1.1 update recently. The little astro dude is now capable of earning experience and the perks that come with said experience. There are smaller cosmetic updates, too.
• New progression system – Gain XP and level up your character to unlock awesome perks!
• New character suits are available to take on the robot army in style!
• Option added to turn off the music/sound effects
• Option added to disable slow-motion effect
• Tons of bug fixes, proper currency label for suits
Steel yourself for a new mobile Pac-Man game this summer. Pac-Man 256, which is being put together by Bandai Namco and Crossy Road makers Hipster Whale, is based around the glitchy “kill screen” that would pop up in the classic Pac-Man arcade game if you managed to reach level 256. Can Pac-Man beat his most sinister enemy yet: Garbled junk text?
Autobots! Transform and you-know-what! The latest update to Angry Birds Transformers adds a host of new missions.
*** INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM TELETRAAN 1 ***
/Interdimensional MISSION PORTALS – send bots on missions to earn rewards.
/ARCEE and AIRACHNID trapped in interdimensional vortex – win missions to bring them home.
/VALUABLE MATERIALS detected – collect to upgrade bots.
/IMPORTANT TWEAKS and FIXES achieved.
/Humble message of GRATITUDE FOR YOUR PATIENCE and continued support.
——— TRANSMISSION TERMINATED ———
Spring is the season for love, a point FarmVille 2’s latest update is capitalizing on. The recent 3.1.218 introduces a wedding, and all sorts of related activities.
HERE COMES THE BRIDE EVENT: Johnny and Heidi are getting married and YOU are invited! Help the happy couple celebrate by crafting to collect wedding wish list items for their rustic country wedding and win a special Wedding Favor Gift Package that contains SIXTEEN rewards!
Terra Battle, the highly successful strategy / battle / puzzle hybrid from Final Fantasy alumni Hironobu Sakaguchi, has updated with a new chapter. There’s also new music from Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer for the sublime SNES RPG classic Chrono Trigger.
AppSpy’s video review of the retro-style sword-swinging platformer Sword of Xolan praises the game for its precise controls and hearty character, though the overall experience is reportedly a wee bit short.
Our Awesome Newsletter
Sign-up HereEnter your email to have what's hot in mobile games delivered to your inbox, daily. Or, take a look at the archive.
We promise that we will never share your email address with anyone.
SYBO will be releasing their follow up to massive hit Subway Surfers on June 4. Swords of Brim is a similar game to Subway Surfers but set in a medieval world with power ups, weapons, and quests.
Indie developer Freehold Games is bringing their PC roguelike game Sproggiwood to iOS and Android next week. They mobile game will be full featured, not a trimmed down mobile version. As such they have decided to price it at $9.99.
* A humorous setting inspired by Finnish mythology
* Brain-churning tactical combat vs. an assortment of creative monsters and traps
* Six fully unique, customizable classes: simple farmer, brave warrior, merry archer, cunning thief, brainy wizard, and creepy vampire
* Procedural dungeons filled to the brim with scrolls, potions, swords, and staves
* Town decoration mode with buildings, trees, roads, and villagers
Gamezebo has assembled its official list of games to play this week, and it’s a good one. The list is below, but read the article for full write-ups on each game.
- Til Morning’s Light
- Sword of Xolan
- Earthcore: Shattered Elements
- Skiing Yeti Mountain
- Crazy Kings
- Bad Dinos
- Blockwick 2 Basics
- The Top Spot
The latest collectible card game to hit iOS is Earthcore: Shattered Elements. If you’re playing it and wondering what kind of deck you should build, 148Apps is here to help. From the guide:
- Don’t forget your faction – There are three different factions in Earthcore that are functionally the same but give cards that belong to them a discount in terms of cost. In other words, Warrior cards carry less of a risk for Warrior faction members, etc. Try to keep this in mind when you start pulling out and adding cards to your deck.
- Strike a balance – Always try to have a relatively even split of Water, Fire, and Earth cards. Since elements are so important when it comes to whether you win or lose a column, you really can’t afford to only carry one or two.
- Love thy skills – Aside from the simple element system, skills are what can really make or break your strategy. Try to keep some useful skills handy, and fill your deck with complimentary abilities if you can.
Amazon is now bringing its games to iOS, and its latest release, from developer Wayforward Games, is Til Morning’s Light, a mystery game that’s reportedly not bad but not great. From Pocket Gamer’s 7 out of 10 review:
There are times when this feels sort of like a My First Resident Evil game. The puzzles aren’t particularly macabre, but they involve finding the right keys for the right doors, sliding blocks around, and combining items together.
And it’s a perfectly pleasant experience. There’s quite a lot of wandering around, but everything you need to find is highlighted in the gloom of the mansion, and the puzzles are never at point-and-click levels of obscurity.
Heroes and Castles 2 is a console-sized game squeezed down to a mobile platform. So it’s good, but it doesn’t quite fit, exactly. That’s according to Touch Arcade, whose 4 out of 5 star review says:
If you’re the kind of person who is willing to make sacrifices for console-style gaming on mobile, and doesn’t care if a game is a particularly good fit for mobile, then you’ll enjoy Heroes and Castles 2. If you need something that can be enjoyed in short bursts or can be dropped at a moment’s notice, if a lack of commitment is a feature not a bug for you, then I’d probably stay away from this. But please, whatever you do: play this on your iPad or whatever you’d consider your secondary device compared to the phone you use. You’ll enjoy the proceedings a lot more.
Via Touch Arcade
We'll bring you the latest apps, games, gear, tips and tricks for the Apple Watch daily. Scouring the interenet for the best info, without the clickbait and the fluff. It's the same concise curation of content like Slide to Play but focused on the Apple Watch.