We’ve received product sheets for three of EA Mobile’s next iPhone games–Need For Speed Undercover, Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition, and SimCity. All three games should be hitting the App Store by the end of the year, with Monopoly due a little earlier (in November). We’re excited about all three of these games for different reasons. Monopoly’s four-way WiFi multiplayer will be a first, as far as we know; NFSU’s graphics look amazing; and, well, we just love the heck out of SimCity. We wonder what the pricepoint’s going to be on these… will EA go for $9.99 on all three, or opt lower?
Need For Speed Undercover
Chase or Be Chased in Need for Speed Undercover. The cops are back like never before in this action-packed game of pursuit and betrayal. Experience realistic 3D graphics, accelerometer steering, touch controls and explosive crash scenes! Go up against ruthless street racers out to win at any cost. Earn respect and fill your garage with the world’s fastest, customized cars. You’re the hunter and the hunted in Need for Speed Undercover.
- 30 of the world’s fastest, sexiest cars including Porsche Cayman S, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford Mustang, and the Lotus Elise!
- Multiple car customization options such as suspension control, tires, and body paint!
- Realistic accelerometer steering with high responsiveness!
- Touch controls such as nitro boost, car selection and car customization options!
- Dynamically generated impact animations for collidible/destructible objects in the game world!
- Intense cop combat with dramatic, animated crash scenes!
- Authentic street racing with an in-depth storyline and progressively more difficult street challenges!
- Eight high-impact race modes including Highway Battle, Sprint, and Cop Takeout!
Release Date: December 2008
Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition
Go Global with MONOPOLY Here & Now: The World Edition on your iPhone!
All new movers and properties add an International flair to your favorite board game. Why buy Baltic when you can own Istanbul? Trade in your Race Car for a Sumo Wrestler. Discover fun facts about exotic destinations with ‘Did You Know?’ Chance and Community Chest cards. Play solo against the computer or Pass n’ play for 4. The ultimate family-friendly entertainment comes alive with animations, multiple board views and customizable rules.
- Give your iPhone/iPod Touch a shake to roll the dice or animate the movers!
- Use your touch screen to flick and drag property cards and simulate real-life game experiences!
- Wi-Fi Multiplayer Mode:
- allows 4 players to connect via the same router on a Local Area Network!
- save and resume games!
- in-game chat!
- replace players who leave with AI!
- Pull-down menu recaps last 5 game moves!
- 5 different camera angles show off multiple 3D environments!
- Graphic indicator shows which properties you own!
- Select full-board view or zoom in for a close-up!
Release Date: November 2008
Get ready for the power trip of a lifetime! You’re in charge of creating an entire city from the ground up and the sky’s the limit. But your power doesn’t stop at construction. You’ll manage everything from budgets to bulldozers, taxes to tornadoes–all with more control than ever before. SimCity was originally developed by game designer Will Wright who pioneered the game genre where the user neither wins nor loses but becomes addicted to the infectious and fun game-play.
- Unique iPhone Controls:
- Build, manage, and destroy your metropolis with a tap or touch of the screen!
- Pinch and pull to zoom in and out on bright and vibrant 2-D isometric landscape!
- Topple it all down with exciting disasters like tornados, earthquakes and giant monsters!
- Contemporary Buildings and Landmarks:
- Green Buildings!
- Mobile Phone Towers!
- Quantum Computing Centers!
- Countless hours of unique game-play with very high re-playability!
Release Date: December 2008