Recommended games in Puzzle
Out Now: Puzzle Craft 2
Puzzle Craft was a great game for it’s time. But these days it looks a bit, well, dated. Puzzle Craft 2 takes the builder/puzzle smash-up gameplay of the original and updates the look, and adds a bunch of new features.
Puzzle Craft 2 features:
• Rule over an entire empire in the ultimate puzzle adventure sequel
• Match tiles to farm, mine, scavenge, craft and build settlements into bustling cities for your workers
• Explore the seas in search of resources and lost treasures
• Over 40 puzzles to unlock and discover new resources waiting to be crafted into useful tools
• Tons of quests, challenges, treasures, trophies and more to find and complete
• Rank your empire with your friends and compete in Royal Quests via Game Center
Posted September 9, 2015 by Jeff Scott
Out Now: This War of Mine from 11 Bit Studios
One of my most anticipated games, This War of Mine is out now for iPad and Android tablets. It’s a very emotional game, be warned.
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
Posted July 15, 2015 by Jeff Scott
Out Now: Alphabear from Spry Fox
The makers of Triple Town are at it again — Alphabear has been released globally.
In Alphabear, you spell words by selecting letters on a grid. When you use letters that are next to each other, bears appear! The more letters you use in an area, the bigger the bear gets, and the more points you earn. Perform well enough, and you might just a win a bear of your own to keep forever.
Posted July 8, 2015 by Jeff Scott
Out Now: Divide By Sheep
You can’t divide by zero, but you can divide by sheep in this fluffy puzzle game.
The mighty features:
– 120 mind bending puzzles spread across 4 worlds
– Dark humor inbound, parental guidance advised!
– What happens when you divide a whole into half? You get two halves!
– Lasers, wolves… oh, and also a kraken (The Grim Reaper’s pet)
– Drown sheep. Or wolves. Or pigs. Do whatever it takes to succeed
– Fabulous art-work that quickly goes from cute to disturbing
Posted July 2, 2015 by Nadia Oxford
Out Now: Dungeon Link
SIMPLE YET CHALLENGING PUZZLE RPG
– Battle monsters by linking matching colored tiles with simple touch-and-drag controls.
– Unleash a Perfect Attack by using the entire board!
– Use the elements to take advantage of the flow of battle!
– Wisely use each hero’s special attack to gain the upper hand!
Posted April 21, 2015 by Jeff Scott
Out Now: Letterpad
Nimblebit, the studio behind games like Tiny Tower and Pocket Trains, is an expert on tiny wee things. So it’s no wonder its latest game, Letterpad, is a simple but fun word-finding game with Apple Watch compatibility. Give it a try; it’s free to download.
The game gives you a grid of letters and a topic. Your job is to find all the words in that pile of letters that relate to the topic. You’re told how many words you need to find, and their length.
Posted April 20, 2015 via Pocket Gamer