Recommended games in Collectible Card Game
Aftershock brings quick play to card battlers
Aftershock is the new title from Wonderspark that came out of the development of Give Me Fuel (soft launched last year). I’ve been watching the development for just about a year and it’s come a long way. The goal was to come up with a tactical / strategy game that could be played on mobile and in short play times. In this version a single player adventure mode has been added that, in a nice twist, uses location data and fitness records to tailor the characters abilities.
If you like strategy games, but hate the long playtimes, give this a shot.
Posted March 16, 2017 by Jeff Scott
Clash Royale Sees Worldwide Release (Finally!)
Clash Royale has been a major consumer of my time over the past couple months. I have been heralding it as the best game ever seen and now it’s available for all to play.
This game could be described as MOBA-lite or Hearthstone-lite. But really it’s neither. It’s a mash up of so many genres that it’s almost it’s own. Great game mechanics that are a ton of fun and it’s actually a game that take skill, timing, and planning.
In speaking to friends it seems like this game is really sticking with people that didn’t really take to Clash of Clans. A dream come true for a company like Supercell. So if you did or didn’t like Clash of Clans, give this a shot, it might be your next favorite game.
Posted March 2, 2016 by Jeff Scott
BattleHand is "a cut above the rest" - 3.5/5 from Gamezebo
… BattleHand certainly packing in plenty of content. However, it feels artificially extended by that cumbersome way of dealing with energy. It’s deep enough to make you want to play for a long time, but instead it’s casual gamers that will glean the most benefit, being able to dip in and out for a fight or two. Still, at least it’s a cut above the rest in many of the ways that count.
Posted January 20, 2016 via Gamezebo
Collectible card game World of Tanks Generals "feels fresh and new" - 4/5 from Gamezebo
World of Tanks Generals is different enough from most card games that it feels fresh and new, yet should easily appeal to a very specific breed of gamer that already exists. After learning the basics I started looking at the cards as actual tanks rather than cards, and I was casually pulling off tank maneuvers like the Desert Fox himself. World of Tanks Generals is a great card game for casual players and card game enthusiasts alike — but for the more casual player, it might take a little longer to play than what they’re used to on mobile devices.
Posted December 11, 2015 via Gamezebo
Gamezebo Recommends Rocketcat Games Five Card Quest
Gamezebo has a recommendation for Five Card Quest from Rocketcat Games:
Rocketcat Games latest release is a roguelike dungeon crawl with turn-based, card-driven combat. The art is great, the battles are quick, and there’s just enough strategy to make you really think out each card. Five Card Quest is highly recommended.
Posted October 29, 2015 via Gamezebo
Out Now: Storm Casters Ultra from Get Set Games
A cross between a CCG and a dungeon crawler, Storm Casters is a loot-filled, action-packed dungeon adventure game from the makers of Mega Jump and Mega Run. Find and collect rare Battle Cards to discover new spells, blast enemies with explosive powers and evolve your character to become a mighty Storm Caster!
Posted October 1, 2015 by Jeff Scott
Out Now: Pac-Man 256
He’s here. And he’s coming for you. He’s just around the corner. It’s Hipster Whale’s Pac-Man 256.
From the creators of Crossy Road…
Cherries are red
Ghosts are blue
Munch a power pellet
Get Lasers too!
PAC-MAN 256 is the maze that never ends. But the Glitch is coming for you…
● PAC-MAN perfectly reinvented for your mobile phone or tablet
● Outsmart ghosts with over 15 ridiculous power ups: Laser, Tornado, Giant and much more
● Stay ahead of the super-villain lurking in PAC-MAN since the beginning: The Glitch
● Take on a new gang of revived retro-ghosts including Sue, Funky, and Spunky
● Waka waka on PAC-DOTS and string a 256 combo for a super special surprise
● Controller support
Posted August 19, 2015 by Nadia Oxford
Out Now: WWE 2K
• Authentic WWE Action, Superstar Entrances, wrestling moves, your favorite match types, and more.
• Create a Superstar: Create the Superstar you always wanted to be. Available for use in all game modes.
• Career Mode: Choose a Custom or WWE Superstar and take him through his WWE journey. Earn Respect, upgrade your skills, earn titles, and achieve goals to earn your way to the WWE Hall of Fame.
• Training – Learn how to play WWE 2K, from beginner to pro, learning the nuances of the deep gameplay in the game’s tutorial mode.
• Real-Time Multiplayer Matches- Take your created Superstar or your favorite WWE Superstar online and play against friends or the WWE Universe .
• Tons of Unlockables: Play and unlock tons of new items to further customize your created Superstar.
Posted April 15, 2015 by Jeff Scott