This is a no-frills version of the popular past-time of finding words in a puzzle grid of letters – typically known as word find or word search games.
Word iPhind provides:
– a clean interface so you can concentrate on the game
– very responsive selection of words
– unlimited new games created with existing lists
– 30 different word lists included – with more to come
Our game interface includes:
– word lists of up to 36 words
– a 14 by 22 grid of letters make up the puzzle
– highlighting of the letters as you choose them
– the chosen letters also show at the top of the game
– the next word that needs to be found (alphabetically) is always shown on the upper right side of the game.
We have spent an enormous amount of time on the user interface of the game – to make it smooth and responsive to choosing words. Our logic keeps track of what direction your finger is moving and selects letters in the appropriate direction.
Just as much time has gone into game creation logic – paying attention to creating randomly generated game boards that change the priority for word placement direction, the number of times a given direction is used and the cross-sectioning of words against each other.
Even if you use the same list of words over and over, each new game will be completely different.
We have spent a lot of time making this a pleasant game experience that is with you for those ‘free’ moments when you need something to pass the time.
And….. there is more to come ! Future enhancements will allow you to create your own word lists within the program or on your mac or pc (and download them to your iPhone or iPod). We will also be adding new lists and the ability to personalize your version of the game with colors and backgrounds.
Enjoy ! and Thanks !
P.S. Press the i button in the lower right of each screen for instructions if you need them.
P.S.S. The first update to this app will include the following:
Numbers ! You will be able to choose searching for 3, 4 and 5 digit numbers.
Choice of Levels
Level 0 will be a smaller puzzle with less words to find (and bigger letters for the game board)
Levels 1 through 3 will change the difficulty of the puzzle – with 3 being the hardest. (right now, the game randomly chooses the level)