Word Head is the ‘Rubik’s Cube’ of word search games. It’s like if Word Search and ‘Boggle’ had a baby and made it in 3-D they’d call it ‘Word Head.’ You manipulate a 3-D cube floating in mid air looking for words that can wrap and twist around the sides of the cube. Move the cube up, down, 180 degrees to the left, 90 degrees to the right, there’s nothing like it. Word Head is highly addictive because its rotating 3 dimensional cube challenges players to quickly discover words from either a pre-selected or player-customized list. Find the word, score points. Once you find them all there’s one more hurdle to clear, you must discover a special ‘hidden’ word to win the game.
“It has a unique theme and concept and would not only appeal to word lovers, but puzzle aficionados as well.”
– The iPhioneAppReview.com – 4.5 Stars
Word Head has numerous themed word lists to play, with many to unlock through the Alphabet Quest. Each block on the rotating 3D cube has a different letter that can be used to spell a word – whether horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Players can rotate the 3D cube to search for the words listed on their screen. Players also can make their own word lists from an extensive word look-up provided in English, French, German, and Spanish – over 1.6 million words! Share your custom word lists with friends through the Game Center and wireless Bluetooth. Plus Word Head uses the iOS dictionary to provide definitions for many of the words. And there are numerous Achievements and Leader Boards to rank your Word Head on the Game Center. So have fun, improve your mind and vocabulary, and play Word Head!
“Highly recommended for adults and children from about 2nd grade up.”
– The iMum.com Reviews by Mothers of little Gadget Lovers – 4.5 Stars
“The graphics are neat and the gameplay concept is strong.”
– The AppleGoogle.com – 4 Stars
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
* Traditional Word Search on a 3D cube
– 4×4 cube – 96 letters
– 5×5 cube – 150 letters
– 6×6 cube – 216 letters
– 7×7 cube – 294 letters
– And possibly more . . .
* Word Placement & Game Play
– Words placed randomly in an orthogonal or diagonal manner in all eight cardinal directions
– Words wrap around corners of cube both orthogonally and diagonally – think 3D
– Scoring based on word selection times – the quicker you select a word from the last successful selection, the more points you earn
– Multiple instances of a word on the cube are playable (Bonus Points)
– Games are saved during all interruptions
* 3 modes of play
– Alphabet Quest Mode – A series of 26 games where you attempt to earn all the letters of the Alphabet. You must find an additional hidden word in each game in order to advance to the next game in the series. The Alphabet Quest is integral to Word Head because it’s the only way to unlock word lists and game features.
– Word List Mode – A single game where you can play any unlocked or custom word list scoring points
– Casual Mode – Similar to Word List Mode but no points are scored
* 79 Themed word lists to be unlocked as you play the Alphabet Quest
– Play Word Head in English, French, German, or Spanish
* Create custom word lists from the word look-up provided in four languages
– US English: 153,000 + words
– UK English: 154,000 + words
– French: 269,000 + words
– German: 675,000 + words
– Spanish: 419,000 + words
– Great for memorizing spelling or vocabulary lists
* Share custom word lists with your family and friends through the Game Center or Bluetooth
* Create “custom words” by concatenating (stringing together) words to create short sentences or phrases for your custom word lists (Maximum 16 characters not counting spaces)
– send special messages to your friends
* Uses the internal iOS dictionary for word definitions in English, French, German, and Spanish
* Compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.