1) Ultimate Tic Tac Toe is a spin on the classic game that combines 9 conventional grids into one large lattice of sub-boards. The goal of the game is to get tic tac toe on three sub-boards arranged in a line vertically, horizontally, or diagonally on the main board.
2) The first move of the game can be anywhere on the game board, however, each move afterward must be in the matching sub-board on the main board that corresponds to the space in a sub-board that the previous move took place.
3) In the event that a player is required to play in a sub-board that is full, their next move can be made anywhere on the game board (Free move)
4) The first player to receive a tic tac toe in a sub-board wins that space on the main board, and the background of the sub-board will change to reflect the winner. A tie in a sub-board means neither player wins that space on the main board.
5) Moves can continue to be made on a sub-board after the space has been won.
6) The game ends if a player gets a tic tac toe on the main board or if all of the spaces have been filled without a victor. (cat’s game)