Embark on Gameloft’s refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. You’ll love it too.
**IGN: 8,5/10 + Editors’s Choice Award: “A smart remake of the acclaimed classic, complete with fantastic new visuals. You’ll jam on it for weeks.”
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 + Gold Award – “An example of how classic games can be remade for modern play without losing nostalgic lustre or alienating with outdated design”
**Touch Arcade: “The Oregon Trail for iPhone really does seem to make dysentary fun again!”
Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.
REMEMBER AMERICA’S CULTURAL ICONIC GAME
– All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.
– Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
– Fun and educational! Historical references through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers.
A WILDER EXPERIENCE THAN YOU’VE EVER PLAYED BEFORE
– 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
– Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, etc.) faced by real pioneers increases the challenge.
– Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
– Refreshed with modern, colored graphics in a cartoonish style.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
– Post your achievements on your Wall.
– Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend feature.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
– On Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
– On Twitter at twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of retro gaming, edutainment, educational games, and strategy.