★ Harigana – the famous word game now with Hiragana ★
The famous word game that has been extremely popular in the west for a long time has finally made its way to the east and been adapted to be played in the Japanese language using Hiragana and the name is Harigana.
Harigana is played alone in single-player game or by 2-4 players, using Game Center to connect the players. If you haven’t registered with Game Center already, please register in the Game Center app on your device or when first launching Harigana. Game Center is included in all iOS devices that Harigana is available for.
★ Synced across your devices ★
By using the same Game Center account, all your multiplayer games will be synced across all your devices and you can easily pick up any game, at any time, on any device. Play on the train home on your iPhone and pick up on the new iPad with its beautiful retina display when you come home. Single player data and game state is synced with iCloud.
★ How to play (detailed rules described in the app’s help view) ★
1. When first launching the app you will be prompted to sign in to Game Center or register a new Game Center account. Using Game Center is recommended but not required for single-player game.
2. Tapping “Play” will let you enjoy a single-player game and tapping “+” will take you to Game Center’s interface. Start a new game by inviting 1-3 friends or auto-match to play with random opponent.
3. Place 1-6 tiles on the board to create a word. In the first turn one of the tiles must be placed in the middle.
4. Tap send when finished. The word is checked against a dictionary and if approved, new tiles will be randomly selected from the “bank” and given to you so that you always have 6 tiles on hand. The next opponent will now be invited to play the game with you.
5. The board will be updated automatically when the opponents has done their turn.
★ Dictionary ★
The free online Japanese dictionary JMdict is used and all words except those containing Katakana can be used. Translations in English, German and French is available for those who want to use Harigana to study and learn new words.
Long-tap on any word in the result text to bring up Apple’s built in dictionary.
★ Free version vs. Upgrade In-App purchase ★
Upgrading will let you:
- Tweet board or save as image
- Look up any word in the dictionary
- Start multiple multiplayer games.
- Submit highscore from single-player game to Game Center.
★ Community and Contact ★
- Facebook community page at www.facebook.com/Harigana.Community
- App support at http://www.brilliantservice.co.jp/contact/