Fog of World is now 80% off to celebrate the Mother’s Day!
Go around the world and remember everywhere you have been in your whole life journey!
Fog of World is a real-life game that you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring around the world. It’s a fantastic way to find out where you have and haven’t been in your lifetime.
○ This Fog of World App Might Be the Funnest App I’ve Seen in a Long Time
- Casey Chan, Gizmodo
○ We don’t remember the last time we’ve run into an app that is as interesting as Fog of World
- Kevin Smith, Business Insider
○ Fog of World turns moving through your city and your world into a game of exploration (Rating: 8/10)
- Paula DuPont, AppStorm
○ Original worldwide location tracking game that will make you want to explore every street in your city and far wider (Rating: 92/100)
- LITTLE APP REVIEW
○ Fog of World uses the fog of war from videogames to gamify traveling
- The Awesomer
○ Was holding the 1st position for top stories on Hacker News!
- Hacker News (267 points, 154 comments. Sep. 30, 2012)
– Record where you have been using GPS-enabled iOS devices
– Locations are also recorded when app is running in the background
– Fog covers where you haven’t been on the map (just like the Fog of War in strategy games)
– Show the percentage of area your have explored around the world, around a continent, or even around a country
– Support for importing GPX and KML files
– Support for sync and backup through Dropbox
– Integrated with the Game Center
– Apple Maps is used in iOS 6 and later.
– The app can also record your locations when running in the background. However, to save battery life of your iOS device, locations will be reported approximately every 40-50 meters when app is running in the background, and connected to the previously reported one. Therefore, no fog will be removed if you only move a few meters.
– The foreground app always has the highest priority in iOS, so iOS will close background apps when memory is not enough. This usually happens when you’re playing a game. Make sure the recording mode is on before moving.
– Your locations will be recorded only when there are at least 3 GPS signal bars even though you entered the recording mode.
– Airplane Mode turns off GPS explicitly. Turn off Data Roaming or remove (or simply lock) your SIM card instead if you want to use GPS abroad.
– Internet connection is required to determine the corresponded countries of the recorded locations. A loading icon will appear on the top-left corner of the screen when this function is working.
– It is recommended to use a separate GPS device to record your tracks. This would save battery life of your iOS device and avoid GPS signal loss when Internet connection is unavailable.
– If you use an external GPS device, make sure the distance between two consecutive GPS points is less than 2 kilometers, or that part of track will be ignored when importing to the app.
– Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
● Email Support: email@example.com