- Fully updated for iOS6.
– Updated for iPhone 5 and 4″ Retina display.
Drums of War complements your Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition game, helping you manage your characters and combats whether you’re a player or DM. Build characters and encounters in the app or import D&D Insider Character Builder files. You can even jump directly to the D&D Compendium right from the app to look up rules for powers and more during your game!
*** Drums of War supports importing from both the new web Character Builder and the old desktop Character Builder! ***
– Create characters and monsters, by hand or by importing characters exported from the DDI Character Builder. Import a 30th level character in seconds. (Requires .dnd4e file; import of monsters not yet supported)
– Manage encounters: add characters and monsters and sort them by initiative.
– Run combats! Reorder combatants by dragging them. Track hit points, power usage, and temporary conditions. Add new foes in the middle of combat. Tap and hold on a combatant to quick toggle conditions.
– Look up rules on the fly. Powerful integration with the D&D Rules Compendium lets you get the rules for your character — feats, class features, powers, equipment, and more — as you need them. Spend more time rolling dice and less flipping through books.
— Documentation embedded right in the app.
Be sure to follow @drumsofwarapp on Twitter for the latest development news!
– DDI Compendium access requires an active valid DDI account. Import works with dnd4e files exported and stored on a web site.
Try Drums of War in your game today!
HOW TO IMPORT DDI CHARACTER DATA:
Many people have asked for step-by-step instructions on how to import. Here’s how it works. You need to export your .dnd4e files from the Character Builder (web or desktop) and upload the files to a remote server. You can use any service that lets you upload an arbitrary file; a lot of people like iplay4e.com.
1. Upload your .dnd4e files to a remote server. If you’re using iplay4e, create a new character and then upload your dnd4e file using the upload feature.
2.In Drums of War, go to the Import tab and tap the + sign to add a new External Source.
3. Put any name you want for the source name. For the URL use the URL of the service you uploaded your character to.
4. HTTP Basic Authentication is only used if you are downloading from your own server and it uses HTTP authentication. Leave that blank if you’re not.
5. Tap “Import Data” (you need to be on wifi or 3G).
6. A browser window will open to the URL you entered. You should be able to log in and select the file you uploaded. Drums of War will detect the file type and import the character.
Here’s some other things to try:
From your home screen, open the Settings app for your iPhone and go down until you see the Drums of War settings. Tap to open the settings.
Add your DDI account information (user and password). This is just so you don’t have to enter it over and over between sessions.
Go back to a character you’ve imported and look at any powers, feats, class features, etc. There should be a URL witha link (imported from the Character Builder file) to DDI. If you tap on the link, Drums of War will display the Compendium information about that power, feat, etc!