With Black Maria you can play cards against quirky opponents in any one of the many variations of hearts. Unlike those other card games, in hearts you’ll want to walk away with the fewest points possible while forcing your opponents to take them by the truckload. That is, unless you have the nerve to try to shoot the moon by capturing all the points.
* Full in-game tutorial that guides you through the how to play and master hearts.
* On demand suggestions so you never get stuck, plus give you a chance to learn new tricks.
* Multiple levels of undo keep Black Maria forgiving with both tactical mistakes and mis-taps.
* Avoid frustration and regret by peeking at your competitor’s cards.
* Play the game how you want to play it by adding settings for speed of play, difficulty, and alternative rules.
* Expansion packs to add characters, backgrounds, options and cheats.
There’s no reason that you have to play against bland, featureless opponents: Black Maria gives you computer competitors that have personalities – names, faces, and dialogue. They’ll taunt you when you trip up, complain when you deal them points, and rejoice when they force you to take the queen of spades.
* Catsro, a communist cat bent on overthrowing his human oppressors
* Bruce, a cricket wrangler
* Pam, an unhelpful psychiatrist
* Jack, a pacifist, pirate, and insurance salesman
* Val, a vegan vampire
* Bud, a down on his luck farmer
* Emma, a very misguided dog trainer