Users Comments: “Fantastic Artscience offering!”, “Such a fun, beautiful and relaxing App.”, “My favorite App”, “Brilliant”…
iOrnament combines art and science, creativity and education, math and fun. With iOrnament everyone can be an artist. You draw strokes and iOrnament repeats them according to rules of symmetry. You will create fascinating ornaments and intricate designs. Fun and challenge from ages 3 to 103. Interactive pop-up tutorial and many drawing tips included!
If you like iOrnament do not hesitate to rate, review or join on Facebook: facebook.com/iOrnament.
iOrnament is an app that is designed for drawing ornamental designs that are both artistically and mathematically fascinating. You draw simple strokes and the app repeats them over and over according to the rules of the 17 crystallographic wallpaper groups. By this, fantastic symmetric patterns are created. Kaleidoscope like pictures, tilings, complicated knots and artistic pavements are right at your fingertips. In addition iOrnament contains an interactive pop-up book that explains mathematical backgrounds on the theory of wallpaper groups and a sampler of classical ornaments from ancient cultures.
The design of iOrnament is based on extensive experience in interactive science exhibitions. Children of all ages love it as well as scientifically or artistically interested adults.
• full support of all 17 wallpaper groups
• artistic color palette and pen
• English and German language support
• adjustable color palette
• extensive collection of tips for usage
• preview of symmetries and fundamental cells
• animated drawing process
• change symmetry type on the fly
• scroll, zoom and rotate
• unlimited undo/redo
• full featured iPhone and iPad versions
• interactive tutorial on math backgrounds
• sampler of classical ornaments
• based on mathematical theory
• since version 1.2: Supports rosette symmetries
In full version of iOrnament you also get:
• full color access
• glow pen to add highlights
• export to photos, e-mail and facebook
Further information, example galleries and demo videos at www.science-to-touch.com.