Lego Minifigures Online, the MMO based around those damn awesome mini figures has gone free.
Could the App Store for Apple TV finally be here? Seems like the noise surrounding it has risen to a fever pitch just before the Apple event next week. 9to5Mac seems to think it’s a sure thing. They have outlined the plans for an App Store, games, and support for bluetooth controllers (like those already supported on iOS).
We hope it’s true, finally, that this is happening. I’ve seen how good Android gaming can be on a NVIDIA Shield Android TV (it’s my main console now). With the support of the App Store developers, non-consoles or unconsoles like the Apple TV may really take off. 9to5Mac is expecting the updated Apple TV to be $149-199. We’ll see next week.
Support our sponsors - advertisement
Real Racing 3 is adding NASCAR cars and races to it’s ever expanding arcade racing game today. With the update players will be able to take a 700 hp NASCAR racing care around the Richmond International Raceway. The update includes the ability to:
· Drafting: when a car sits behind another car which creates less drag and hence increases their speed
· Slingshot passing: when you use drafting to gain momentum to overtake another car
· Navigating around a pack: with so many cars on the track, players will need to learn the best time to pass, cut in front of, or draft their opponents to win
Back at E3, EA teased a collectible card game set in the Star Wars galaxy, but showed just a couple title and character stills. Touch Arcade brings us the first trailer and it shows that it’s more than just a CCG, though we know no further details — the action sequences could be just canned fight scenes. Hopefully we’ll know more soon. Take a look.
Clicker Heroes is a ridiculous game that no one should play, because the moment you begin, you’re sucked into an endless and hyper-addictive wormhole of colorful madness. OK, I can admit that I’m a Clicker Hero zombie, and perhaps you are, too. If so, these smart tips will help you maximize your clicks.
Support our sponsors - advertisement
Each week Touch Arcade does a rundown of all the past week’s biggest iOS game updates. Highlights this time around include Sonic the Hedgehog coming to Angry Birds Epic, Gideon from Advanced Warfare coming to Call of Duty: Heroes, and more.
Bullet hell shooters are tough to get right, in that you want them to be challenging but not too challengin. This unusually punctuated one threads the needle nicely. From the 4.5 star review from 148Apps:
That’s the beauty behind .Decluster Zero: Bullet Nocturne. There’s so much going on when it comes to learning when to use your homing laser, when to activate charge mode, and so forth. A written tutorial makes things sound a little confusing but practice makes perfect here, with .Decluster Zero: Bullet Nocturne offering a varied selection of difficulty modes that really do make a difference. It’s a real delight.
Like most fare set in the Walking Dead Universe, Walking Dead: Road to Survival is a high-quality game, according to Gamezebo.
Overall, while The Walking Dead: Road to Survival is centered on the usual mode of delivery for mobile strategy games, the campaign gave me an engaging enough story and the combat was rewarding enough to where I feel comfortable saying that Road to Survival is a strong step in the right direction for the genre.
Our Awesome Newsletter
Sign-up HereEnter your email to have what's hot in mobile games delivered to your inbox, daily. Or, take a look at the archive.
We promise that we will never share your email address with anyone.
More than a few games on the App Store boast retro-style 8-bit graphics, including Rovio’s airplane game Retry. But what are “8-bit graphics,” exactly? And how many App Store games deserve to call themselves 8-bit? AppSpy takes an in-depth look at this visual trend.
Vainglory will have seasonal ranked gameplay starting in October.
Essentially, Vainglory will divide the calendar year into quarters and players will be able to earn exclusive rewards and achievements for playing within the season. At the conclusion of each season, player ranks associated with seasonal play will assumedly reset, new achievements/awards will be offered, and the cycle begins anew.
Minecraft has a story to tell, courtesy of Telltale Games. More info about the game has come to light thanks to PAX.
As for the star-studded cast I mentioned earlier, that will include Patton Oswalt as male Jesse, Catherine Taber as female Jesse, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens aka Pee-wee Herman!
When birds get angry, they stay angry. Hence why Angry Birds 2 already has new levels for you to try out.
What’s New in Version 2.1.0
Brand new chapter: Pigsyland – Pig City’s first amusement park!
– Play 20 new levels of bouncing bumper chaos!
– Keep an eye out for even more levels coming soon!
– Beware of a new pig in town teleporting through time and space…
– A bunch of bug fixes and tweaks
Call of Duty: Heroes has a new hero for you to play as. Well heck, it is called Call of Duty: Heroes, right?
What’s New in Version 1.9.0
New Hero: Gideon
– Deploy and control Gideon from Call of Duty(R): Advanced Warfare on the battlefield!
New Killstreaks for Gideon:
– Avoid detection and infiltrate the enemy base using Exo-Cloak
– Neutralize enemy troops and defenses with the powerful Sentry Turret
Introducing Supply Drops
– We’ve supercharged the Heli-pad to now provide Supply Drops with much bigger rewards
– Call in supplies multiple times per day to win random resource, boost, shield, and Celerium rewards
– Several tiers for each reward type including ultra-rare top prizes
– Added an inventory system where your Supply Drop rewards and other items are stored for use when you need them
– To get you started, enjoy the free gift pack you’ll find in your inventory!
Gotta go fast! Squawk! Angry Birds Epic recently updated with its promised crossover event with Sonic Dash.
What’s New in Version 1.2.11
– SONIC DASH EVENT – Play the new mini-map with Sonic the Hedgehog!
– NEW CLASS FOR CHUCK – Complete the Sonic event to unlock the Illusionist!
– MASTERY LEVEL INCREASE – Classes now go to level 12
– 2 NEW CHRONICLE CAVES
– RAISED XP LEVEL – Get your birds to level 50!
We'll bring you the latest apps, games, gear, tips and tricks for the Apple Watch daily. Scouring the interenet for the best info, without the clickbait and the fluff. It's the same concise curation of content like Slide to Play but focused on the Apple Watch.