According to AppSpy’s review of the game, Chaos Rings III is a fun, sprawling JRPG of epic proportions — but unfortunately, it also seems to suffer from a bug that makes it crash at a specific boss, at least on certain devices.
The Geometry Wars go ever on, and according to Touch Arcade’s review of the latest title in the series, that’s not a bad thing in the least.
$4.99 is an utter steal for a game I happily paid $14.99 for. If you love dual-stick shooters, Geometry Wars, heck, games period: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions is a must-buy. It’s one of my favorite games of recent memory and I’m so happy that it’s on iOS. Buy it.
Many thanks for Dungeon Link from Gamevil for sponsoring Slide To Play this week.
Dungeon Link is the latest genre mash-up from Gamevil. It’s a deep story driven RPG mashed up with a Flow-like game mechanic. With over 250 different heroes, special dungeons, raids, and PvP play, there’s plenty here to keep players interested for many many hours.
Zynga has the rights to make a Tiger Woods golf game, but the troubled studio is slimming down its productivity, which means some of its projects — Tiger Woods included — won’t see the light of day as originally planned.
It’s surprising — especially considering nobody else is making a Tiger Woods golf game nowadays — but when seen as part of the bigger picture, it’s a move that’s consistent with Pincus’ new approach. Zynga is focusing on just five genres going forward: Action Strategy, Social Casino, Invest & Express, Casual, and Racing. Sports games simply don’t fit into the new mold.
Block Fortress, the game about building what’s yours and then defending what’s yours, has received a massive update. Version 1.5 includes a new PvP mode, new equipment, and all kinds of fun tweaks and fixes.
What’s New in Version 1.5
Thank you everyone for continuing to play Block Fortress! In this update:
• added a new player vs. player arena mode! Build or download a custom map and compete in epic battles with up to four players using GameCenter!
• added tons of new equipment, including a shrink ray, antigravity gun, jet pack, cloaking device, and more!
• get around your base faster with new zip line blocks!
• expand your view of the battlefield with a new third-person camera
• all character and enemy models look even better now
• added jumping and crouching
• new and improved clouds, sun, moon, and sky graphics
• new plant blocks added to terrain
• you can now enable floating blocks in sandbox mode
• you can now reload a map when placing your barracks to regenerate the terrain
• made it easier to paint blocks the same color as a previously painted block
• you can now rate loaded maps at the end of a multiplayer games
• enabled iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ full screen resolution
• fixed a bug with manually reloading your weapons
• major performance optimizations
• minor bug fixes
Castle Doombad’s 2.0 update is fit for a villain with big, big plans for kidnapping princesses. For starters, you can go to the moon.
What’s New in Version 2.0
** HUGE 2.0 Version Update! **
• Brand-New Chapter! “Space Madness” – 15 levels set in Lord Evilstein’s fully operational moon base
• FOUR new traps to thwart heroes with!
• Daily Bonuses are now available in the Challenge-O-Rama. Each day complete a new, fiendishly difficult challenge set out for you. Reap Doom Shekel and Evilness rewards and stake your place on the new Challenge-O-Rama leaderboard.
• Added ‘save’ feature in Endless Mode
• New achievements
• iCloud support for saving/continuing on another device
• New icon to reflect additional awesomeness
A dragon-breeder’s work is never done. The 1.3.0 update for Dragon Mania Legends has a host of new content, including new daily challenges, a new island, and multi-wave challenges.
– Fight against other players in 12 different leagues and win 7 unique Dragons!
– Face the new Daily Challenges.
– Master Multi-Wave Combat: Can you defeat 2 groups of Dragons in a row?
– A new island for you to populate with Dragons!
The latest update for the MOBA Vainglory has a new hero addition: Fortress the wolf. He moves quickly, strikes viciously, and probably smells like dog in damp weather. Other 1.5.0 updates include new skins, new game modes, and lots of tweaks and bug fixes.
The very highly-regarded PC puzzle game The Talos Principle is now available on certain Android devices here. It could come to iOS, but there are no concrete plans at the moment. From Touch Arcade:
This is currently an Android and Tegra X1 and K1 exclusive. That means you need an Nvidia Shield tablet, the Shield Android TV, the Nexus 9, or any other device with those chipsets. But here’s the interesting thing the game has touchscreen controls. Some games have been Shield exclusives, like Half-Life 2, but have required a controller to play. With touchscreen controls being an option for this game, there’s definitely the possibility that this could work for iOS.
Magnetized is a neat li’l game in which you must keep a moving magnet on a track by touching other magnets located around the track to turn it. Watch the video above to see how it turns out when Lonnie gives it a try.
Who wants to play a game about a dodo bird on a murderous obstacle course? More like who doesn’t? From 148Apps’s 4 out of 5 star review:
Despite the colorful and actually rather pretty visuals, this is not an easy game. There are often branching paths to consider with no real time to consider them, and at times you’ll have to rely on trial-and-error to find your way through a few levels (stupid rocks popping up out of the ground…). Some clever concessions have been made, such as being able to choose the length of the dynamite’s wick and thus give yourself more or less time to complete a level at the cost of your end-run star rating, but be prepared to fail quite a bit. Of course, failure is to be expected when you’re a dodo with explosives strapped to its back.
If you like hidden object games, be sure to grab Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters – A Hidden Object Fairy Tale for free. You can grab it here for iPhone or here for iPad. Or both, if that’s how you roll. You do you.
At Google’s I/O conference keynote today, the company announced it would make its Cardboard virtual reality headset compatible with iPhone. From Touch Arcade:
This is actually a pretty cool way to bring VR to iOS. It basically just separates your phone screen into two different displays for your eyes. If you ever played Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP with its headset, it’s kind of like that in terms of simulated 3D. And with the high-pixel-density screens on mobile phones, they’re well-suited for HD VR content. After all, an earlier version of the Oculus Rift used an identical display as a Samsung Galaxy Note, and the Gear VR uses an off-the-shelf Galaxy Note 4 for VR apps. Cardboard can literally be made from cardboard, and the latest version of the headset now can be assembled or disassembled in 3 steps. There are 9 different premade kits, including a Viewmaster, but you can always just make your own headset.
Enjoy the next chapter in the award-winning Geometry Wars franchise and enjoy stunning, console-quality graphics as you battle through waves of enemies in this frenetic arcade shooter!
• 50 Adventure levels with a wide variety of 3D grid shapes, game modes, and boss battles
• 2 Exclusive bonus levels for the iPhone, iPad and iPod
• 5 Classic Arcade levels inspired by franchise heritage
Letter Tale is one charming-looking game, but according to Gamezebo’s review, its gameplay isn’t as inspired as its visuals.
This simplicity and lack of difficulty might label Letter Tale a children’s game, but some of the jumps and movements are delicate enough that even older gamers will find themselves frustrated as Ari tumbles down another cliff.
Deemo is a rhythm game with an engaging story and unforgettable watercolor-style graphics. Unique and critically acclaimed, it’s definitely one you’ll want to pick up while it’s on sale for $0.99 USD (it usually costs $1.99 USD).
We'll bring you the latest apps, games, gear, tips and tricks for the Apple Watch daily. Scouring the interenet for the best info, without the clickbait and the fluff. It's the same concise curation of content like Slide to Play but focused on the Apple Watch.