SYBO will be releasing their follow up to massive hit Subway Surfers on June 4. Swords of Brim is a similar game to Subway Surfers but set in a medieval world with power ups, weapons, and quests.
Indie developer Freehold Games is bringing their PC roguelike game Sproggiwood to iOS and Android next week. They mobile game will be full featured, not a trimmed down mobile version. As such they have decided to price it at $9.99.
* A humorous setting inspired by Finnish mythology
* Brain-churning tactical combat vs. an assortment of creative monsters and traps
* Six fully unique, customizable classes: simple farmer, brave warrior, merry archer, cunning thief, brainy wizard, and creepy vampire
* Procedural dungeons filled to the brim with scrolls, potions, swords, and staves
* Town decoration mode with buildings, trees, roads, and villagers
Support our sponsors - advertisement
Gamezebo has assembled its official list of games to play this week, and it’s a good one. The list is below, but read the article for full write-ups on each game.
- Til Morning’s Light
- Sword of Xolan
- Earthcore: Shattered Elements
- Skiing Yeti Mountain
- Crazy Kings
- Bad Dinos
- Blockwick 2 Basics
- The Top Spot
The latest collectible card game to hit iOS is Earthcore: Shattered Elements. If you’re playing it and wondering what kind of deck you should build, 148Apps is here to help. From the guide:
- Don’t forget your faction – There are three different factions in Earthcore that are functionally the same but give cards that belong to them a discount in terms of cost. In other words, Warrior cards carry less of a risk for Warrior faction members, etc. Try to keep this in mind when you start pulling out and adding cards to your deck.
- Strike a balance – Always try to have a relatively even split of Water, Fire, and Earth cards. Since elements are so important when it comes to whether you win or lose a column, you really can’t afford to only carry one or two.
- Love thy skills – Aside from the simple element system, skills are what can really make or break your strategy. Try to keep some useful skills handy, and fill your deck with complimentary abilities if you can.
Support our sponsors - advertisement
Amazon is now bringing its games to iOS, and its latest release, from developer Wayforward Games, is Til Morning’s Light, a mystery game that’s reportedly not bad but not great. From Pocket Gamer’s 7 out of 10 review:
There are times when this feels sort of like a My First Resident Evil game. The puzzles aren’t particularly macabre, but they involve finding the right keys for the right doors, sliding blocks around, and combining items together.
And it’s a perfectly pleasant experience. There’s quite a lot of wandering around, but everything you need to find is highlighted in the gloom of the mansion, and the puzzles are never at point-and-click levels of obscurity.
Via Pocket Gamer
Heroes and Castles 2 is a console-sized game squeezed down to a mobile platform. So it’s good, but it doesn’t quite fit, exactly. That’s according to Touch Arcade, whose 4 out of 5 star review says:
If you’re the kind of person who is willing to make sacrifices for console-style gaming on mobile, and doesn’t care if a game is a particularly good fit for mobile, then you’ll enjoy Heroes and Castles 2. If you need something that can be enjoyed in short bursts or can be dropped at a moment’s notice, if a lack of commitment is a feature not a bug for you, then I’d probably stay away from this. But please, whatever you do: play this on your iPad or whatever you’d consider your secondary device compared to the phone you use. You’ll enjoy the proceedings a lot more.
Via Touch Arcade
Our Awesome Newsletter
Sign-up HereEnter your email to have what's hot in mobile games delivered to your inbox, daily. Or, take a look at the archive.
We promise that we will never share your email address with anyone.
For blood and fellowship! DeNA’s strategy RPG Blood Brothers 2 recently updated to bring guilds to the game. Fighting is better with friends.
-Introducing Guilds! Join a Guild with up to 50 friends, with Guild ranks, chat, and Guild Leaderboards!
-Guild gifts awarded when Blood Sigils are purchased.
-New Skill triggers: Skills with chance-based activation or activate automatically on battle start.
-Daily Bonus Stages. A new Stage for each day of the week!
-Daily themed Pacts. Summon unique Commanders every day!
-A Chance to find Treasure in Event and Story stages!
-UI improvements, stability, and bug fixes.
Hulk Smash download records! Netmarble’s action RPG Marvel Future Fight crossed the 10 million download mark, a number that combines both iOS and Android downloads. The game has spent time as #1 on the App Store in Hong Kong.
Marvel Future Fight recently updated to version 1.1.3, which brings some small tweaks and fixes.
– App Icon
– Uniform Package’s deducted price now automatically updates for players who’ve already owned some uniforms.
– Error when app restarts during installation.
– Disabling team leader in Timeline Battle.
– Wrong page title in Timeline Battle’s Team Manage page.
– Inbox button malfunctioning from package purchase pop ups.
– Players’ Facebook profiles and friendlist not showing properly.
The Way of the Panda lives on in the 1.2.1 update for Taichi Panda. Here’s what’s new:
1.New Equipment “Discovery” system – Discovery requires Lunar Tears and Refinement stones to raise gear quality.
2.Character Max Level raised to 90, with new levels of gear, skills, and runes to match!
3.Add Chapter 13 and 14, along with new levels and bosses!
4.New Mega Boss team mode – be one the legions to try to take down Nemeus!
5.New monthly sign-in rewards and special events added.
6.Auto-attack added to Team Instances.
7.Fully optimized and retouched UI.
8.Fixed known bugs
Riverdale’s favorite redhead is now a Crossy Road character (and so is Riverdale’s favorite, uh, crowned guy). The latest update for the game (1.2.2) includes the teens, as well as quests that let you earn additional coins.
Industrial Toys, the developers behind Midnight Star, one of the most ambitious games on mobile, are good listeners. The 1.5 update for Midnight Star just launched on the App Store and it has addressed many of the concerns players had. It also includes a huge redesign, new guns, gotten rid of weapon energy, and a whole bunch of other great things. Check out the update details below:
 3 NEW GUNS AND A SHIELD – the Leveller shotgun, the Crystal Carbine assault rifle and the Vengeance sniper. Plus the Benefactor auto healing shield!
 WEAPON STYLES – Customize the look of your guns with over 80 new weapon skins and packs!
 VIDEO replays – post and watch player runs, missions and weapon usage. Check out how players pull off those high scores, fast times and crazy skill shots!
 UNLIMITED WEAPON ENERGY – all weapons can now be used over and over without having to recharge them!
 NEW MULTIPLAYER MAP – play challenges and events on Gardens of Time!
 PLAYER ATTRIBUTES – earn and apply upgrades to yourself as a player to specialize in the way you like to play!
 ALL-NEW NEWS FEED – Access all the goings-on in M* from a totally redesigned alert system. Connect with friends, enter events and experience the M* story all from one place!
We'll bring you the latest apps, games, gear, tips and tricks for the Apple Watch daily. Scouring the interenet for the best info, without the clickbait and the fluff. It's the same concise curation of content like Slide to Play but focused on the Apple Watch.