THQ Wireless, a major mobile games publisher, has been a bit quiet on the iPhone side of things thus far. It’s put out a few games like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Pass The Pigs, but that’s about it. As it turns out, the company also has a tasty-looking Match-3 game up its sleeve for late January: Chop Sushi!
From the official press release:
“Get caught up in sushi-matching mayhem with this innovative puzzler which is destined to become an iPhone classic!
Sink your teeth into hours and hours of match 3 puzzle action as you conquer over 40 unique and challenging levels. Use the device’s touch screen to literally pick up your chopsticks and swap sushi pieces over the vibrant game board, no need to be an expert – these utensils are easy to pick up and play!
Bring your appetite for adventure as you journey across the game’s 15 unique islands meeting new challengers and gathering secret recipes to use in puzzle battles. Create unique combinations, triggering insane combos including the awesome WASABI BOMB! and unleash their devastating effects on your opponents!”
- Exciting match 3 puzzle action with fresh anime style graphics and responsive touch screen controls
- Hours of fun and game-play
- Collect new recipes in Adventure mode to aid you through the game
- Create combos and trigger your collected recipes to devastate your opponent including the mighty WASABI BOMB!
- 3 unique modes of game-play
According to THQ Wireless, the game was submitted to Apple this week, so it ought to appear in the App Store by the end of the month.
Here’s a trailer from the mobile version to get an idea of what the gameplay may look like: